By 2017 the Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas will be displayed as an institution of higher education that:
- Is close to the society and to the university students to listen and respond promptly to their demands and proposals.
- Puts at the service of students and teachers all institutional resources, because they are the reason of its actions.
- Promotes human formation, ethics and the practice of values, so that its graduates are men and women of good and guarantors of the culture of peace, democracy and justice.
- Is committed to continuous improvement, the quality and academic excellence, so that the people of our state of Tamaulipas feel proud of our university.
- Relies on the virtual education, open and in the classroom to diversify its offer and expand its educational coverage with a deep sense of fairness.
- Is sensitive to changes in its environment, has an international perspective and promotes the knowledge society.
- Links the formation of human talent and research with the agendas of the economic and social development of Tamaulipas and the northeast region of the country.
- That provides a high degree of relevance in their programs and actions because there is a greater congruence between what the university does and what society expects from it.
- Supports its work in an orderly administration, functional and transparent, which is at the service of the academy and favors the development of its functions.
-Performs with agile and effective linking mechanism, which allows it to extend to society the benefits of culture, science and technology.
- Promotes creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship to facilitate the ability of employment of its graduates and generate progress, competitiveness and prosperity.
- Uses a new style of management that involves all of the actors in its decisions, with the purpose of forming a true learning community where it promotes the collegial teamwork on a basis of trust and mutual respect.
- Promotes knowledge management to generate an institutional memory that documents the experiences, good practices, and the intangible assets that professors, researchers, managers and workers hold, whose final recipient is the society to which we owe who we are.
- Holds functional physical infrastructure, equipment, heritages, means of consultation and adequate teaching resources to support the activities of students, academics and administrative staff.
- Applies the different assessment tools to provide consistency, certainty and improve the development of plans, programs and institutional projects.